With winter around the corner, now is the time to consider the changes and inspections needed for the cold season. Checking for leaks and maintaining your heating can not only make your home safer and more comfortable, but could save some money as well. Make sure you have checked off the list below for you home:
1. Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly. Change the batteries if needed. If you do not currently have detectors working properly in your home, make sure they are installed. There are more fires during the colder months than during the warmer months.
2. Check for leaks anywhere air can escape. Look for cracks or gaps around windows or doors. Fill in any cracks with sealant to prevent air from escaping.
3. Check to make sure your foundation is free from any cracks or damage.
4. Locate all winter gear and make sure it is ready to go. While the Metroplex does not get many snow days, being prepared for those days can make your morning commute less stressful if you are prepared.
5. Make sure you have purchased winterizing gear to protect plants and pets.
6. Drain any gas left in lawn mowers or weed eaters.
7. Check and make sure your heater is working properly before the first cold spell snaps.
8. Make certain your family has an emergency kit prepared in case there is a power outage in your area.
Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating invites you to call us for all of your HVAC needs. Reach us today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or by logging on to spencerairconditioning.com to find out how we can serve you. Our longevity speaks for our quality; we’ve been in business since 1960.