Fellow Texans, we have almost made it. The cooler temperatures are going to happen. Summer heat is going to end, but we are not there yet. If the last three months of electricity bills have you searching for other tips to help keep the hot air outside, we offer you the following suggestions.
- Block out the sun. Quite a bit of heat makes its way into your home through your windows. Keep it out by using solar screens, tinted windows and blackout curtains. At minimum, purchase blinds and keep them closed.
- Seal air leaks. The rooms in your home that are air-conditioned should be as air-tight as possible. Take a look in your attic for any potential holes. We can do a complete comfort performance assessment for you to identify leaks in walls, ceilings and ducts.
- Check for leaky doors and windows. Look at your windows and doors and add or replace caulk or weather-stripping that might be torn or revealing signs of wear.
- Try no-cook or served-cold meals. Your stove and oven add a lot of heat to your home. Try some no-cook meals and use your microwave versus your stove or oven.
- Run the dishwasher and dryer at night. Save any household activities that could create heat for evenings after the temperature outside cools off. You can also let your dishes and clothes air dry and give those appliances a rest.
- Provide window coverage outside the home. Awnings over windows and doors can help block the sun’s direct heat. Trees can also offer shade and repel some of the heat.
- Get a free air conditioner consultation. The ultimate impact on heat is a new air conditioning system evaluation. After learning about new air conditioner systems, technology and options, the best option might simply be an air conditioner upgrade.
If you don’t feel like your home is keeping cool temperatures despite following the tips listed above, it might mean that you need air conditioner service or repair. Air conditioner maintenance is one of the best ways to make sure your equipment is running properly and that you are getting top efficiency and results. Call us today at (972) 446-COOL (2665) to find out more and see for yourself how this is the smartest call you could make today. You can also find us online at www.spencerairconditioning.com. We have been serving your neighbors in the Metroplex since 1960 and would love to serve your family. Our longevity speaks for our quality.