Finding one temperature that pleases everyone in your home can be challenging!
But if your system is operating from a single thermostat, you’ll find yourself and your family losing that battle every time. If this has ever happened to you, you might consider having a zone control system installed that allows for different temperatures in different areas of the home.
What Is a Zone Control System?
- A zone control system uses a series of motorized dampers to control the flow of air in your supply ducts. The dampers are wired to the main control panel.
What Is a Zone?
- Zones are whatever you would like them to be in your home. You could select individual rooms, a certain wing or a certain floor. As the homeowner, you’ll have flexibility to determine what zones are best for your house.
What Are the Benefits of a Zone Control System?
- Energy efficiency – with a zone control system, you can turn off the cooling to an unused area; the system allows you to cool only what you need, which can save you both energy and money.
- Customized comfort – each zone operates independently, allowing you to set a different temperature without affecting another zone.
- Less wear on your AC – when you use less cooling, your air conditioner runs for less time. This can help reduce the level of wear and tear on your system.
Zone control systems offer some great benefits, but it’s important to hire a professional for the air conditioning installation. Spencer Air Conditioning & Heating is here to help you make the best decision for your heating and cooling needs, as well as installing the equipment to make your home temperature dreams a reality. Call us anytime at 972-446-COOL (2665) or schedule service and learn more online at www.spencerairconditioning.com.