Are you considering replacing the a/c? This is a big decision that requires some research. Before you invest in such a costly purchase, ask yourself the following four questions.
1. Is it time to buy a new system?
- Is my system over ten years old?
- Have you had a decrease in efficiency?
- Is it difficult to reach and maintain a comfortable temperature?
- Do your electric bills seem higher than they should?
2. Which system should I get?
- There are many options on the market today. Consulting with a professional can save you money in the long run.
- Do I choose a two stage system over a traditional single stage system? What are the benefits of each of these systems?
- How long will I live in this house? What are your personal goals as a family? Do you want to upgrade for resale value or do you plan to stay in the home indefinitely and enjoy the benefits of a new system?
3. Which component do I replace?
- It’s possible that the entire system does not need replacing, but sometimes replacing multiple components can save you more money. Replacing a single component will be more expensive and will not increase efficiency.
- The most important question to ask when deciding if you can replace a single component is… Do I have an R-22 system? Replacing a component with another R-22 system component will cause future repairs to go up. With so many choices, it is difficult to discern the best option for your home without an expert opinion.
4. What size do I buy?
- Our technicians consider a number of factors such as square footage, layout, climate, insulation, air filtration rates, number of occupants, primary usage, and many more factors to recommend the perfect size for your home. Both an undersized and oversized system will not get your home to the perfect temperature and your wallet to the maximum savings that you are seeking with the purchase in the first place. To ensure you are investing in the best system possible, a certified professional can come individually evaluate your home.
All of our technicians and certified and do not receive a commission for any sales. You can rest assured any recommendations made are in the best interest of your home and will increase your savings and home comfort level. Contact us today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or by logging on to spencerairconditioning.com to find out how we can serve you.