Conserving energy is usually top of mind for most homeowners, but how do you know if you are doing all that you can do to save energy? After all, saving energy means that you also save on energy bills! The good news is that your friends from Spencer have your back and are here to offer some great solutions to save energy in your home.
• Check to make sure your home is well-insulated and that your doors and windows are secured tightly. The last thing you want is for the comfortable air in your home to escape or to let air that is too hot or too cold into your home.
• Keep your HVAC system healthy by scheduling seasonal maintenance or check-ups. Regular check-ups can help you find problems that might otherwise go undetected and cause your system to eat up more energy. Keeping your air conditioning unit healthy is one of the best measures you can take to ensure your HVAC is efficient.
• Whenever you need to upgrade or replace appliances in your home try to stick with Energy Star approved models that are proven to reduce energy usage.
• If you don’t have one already consider installing a programmable thermostat in your home. Programmable thermostats make it easy to turn the heating down while you’re sleeping or away from home, which greatly reduces the amount of energy your heating system uses. For the best performance your thermostat should be located within an area that has your home’s average temperature and away from direct sunlight. Very large homes can benefit from having a two-zone programmable thermostat, particularly in houses that have more than one level.
• Make sure to have any exposed pipes in your home, especially those for hot water, insulated against the cold.
Your friends at Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating are here and ready to answer your questions and make your home as energy efficient as possible. Give us a call today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or find out more at spencerairconditioning.com.