There is a long list of reasons that every homeowner wants to keep their home as energy efficient. Saving money is usually near the top of that list, not to mention that having an energy efficient home is beneficial for your air conditioning system! One of the best improvements that you can make to your home or office is making a change to LED lighting. Need reasons to make the switch today? Here are 10 facts you need to know:
1. Energy Savings: LED’s consume 50% less energy than most CFL’s (Compact Fluorescent Lighting), and consume 80% less energy than most incandescent lighting options.
2. Color options: LED’s provide numerous color options, from Incandescent “warm white” (2700 kelvin) to “cool white/daylight” (5700 kelvin).
3. Dimmable: unlike CFL’s, LED bulbs are fully dimmable and can operate with 3-way lamps.
4. Long lasting: LED’s typically last for 10x longer than CFL’s, and 30x longer than incandescent.
5. Crisp even light: LED’s provide the highest color rendering index, allowing the best quality of light and enabling us to perceive colors as we know them.
6. Increase in light: also known as lumen output, LED’s directional energy efficient lighting increases the light output.
7. Less heat: On average LED’s operate at 3.4 btu’s/hour. In real terms that’s 70-80% cooler than CFL or incandescent lighting allowing you to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
8. Green Design: LED’s contain no toxic chemicals or mercury like CFL bulbs, and the LED bulbs are fully recyclable.
9. Durable: Since LEDs do not have a filament like incandescent lighting, LED bulbs hold up well to jarring and bumping, can handle extreme heat or cold, and excel in both indoor and outdoor use (which is why they have been used in stoplights and sign lighting for decades).
10. Cost-effective: Although the initial cost of LEDs are more expensive than CFL or incandescent options, the cost of the LED is recouped over time and in energy savings. LEDs bulbs typically pay for themselves 4 or more times over the lifetime of the light. But be warned, you usually get what you pay for, low cost LED bulbs typically mean lower quality (specifically less light and shorter lifetime). You should always look for certifications, UL, ETL, or Energy star ratings.
Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating is proud to partner with Greenbranch Energy to help our customers stay as energy efficient as possible. You can always get in touch with our trained service professionals if you have concerns or questions. Call Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or find out more at spencerairconditioning.com.