Your water heater may be an afterthought for making your home energy efficient but did you know that your water heater is the second highest energy-using appliance in most homes? A standard 50-gallon electric water heater will cost about $520 every year at 10.6¢ per kWh. Water heaters which use a traditional tank consume a lot of energy while keeping the water hot when you’re not using it, wasting hundreds of dollars every year. Now might be the best time to consider making the switch from an electric tank water heater to a tankless water heater. Here are some great reasons to switch:
• No Cold Showers. Is your family using all the hot water before you have your can enjoy a warm shower? A tankless water heater makes that a thing of the past. The water is heated as you need it so there’s no running out and no cold showers. A 50-gallon electric water heater can take over an hour to completely replenish the hot water supply.
• More Hot Water. Tankless water heaters allow you to run more appliances at the same time. You could take a shower, run the dishwasher and do your laundry all at the same time.
• Longer Lasting. Most tankless units have 10-15 year warranties and can last up to 20 years before replacement as opposed to traditional units which typically have a 6-year warranty and only last 8-10 years.
• Financial Benefits. You save money by only heating the water when you need it instead of heating the water you aren’t using! Switching to a tankless unit saves energy by only using gas when you need hot water. This can cut your costs by up to 30% per year.
• Space Savings. Tankless units can be placed almost anywhere in the house such as hanging on an interior wall or outside of the house. Imagine utilizing the extra space in a closet or garage by eliminating the bulky tank of a traditional water heater.
• Cleaner Water. Traditional water heaters can build up rust and scale inside their tank, where the hot water you use for bathing and drinking is stored. With tankless water heaters you will experience fresher, cleaner water.
Overall a propane tankless water heater can save you money in the short and long term, all while providing additional comfort and convenience for your family. Call Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or find out more at spencerairconditioning.com.