After an A/C repair Arlington, TX, you expect your unit to function well right away. But what if it doesn’t? Not only can it be a source of inconvenience, but it can also break your bank.
But why does this happen? In this article, we’ll take a look at the different factors that can contribute to your A/C unit breaking down and the importance of regular maintenance.
Possible Reasons Why Your Air Conditioner Still Malfunctions Even After a Repair
It is disappointing when your A/C system stops working when the summer heat hits. But nothing is more frustrating than an air conditioner that breaks down shortly after a repair. If this happens to you, here are some reasons why:
The Quality of the Repair
It is easy to fall for a “too good to be true” deal when it comes to A/C repair Arlington, TX. After all, you just want your unit to be fixed as soon as possible. But beware of fly-by-night repair companies that offer cheap services but do a shoddy job. This will only cause your unit to break down again in the future.
The good rule of thumb here is to spend a little more on a repair company that has a good reputation and is known for its quality services.
The Age of Your Unit
Some homeowners would always blame the technician they hire when their Air Conditioning unit is still inefficient even after a repair. But it’s not always the fault of the repair contractor. Sometimes, it may just be that your unit is too old and is already due for replacement.
What if your air conditioner is just a few years old and needs to be fixed again? If this is the case, it is most likely due to extensive use.
Remember that your A/C unit is a machine, and like any other mechanical device, it will eventually wear out when used 24/7. So, give it a break every now and then. Let it cool down for a few hours before using it again.
Air conditioners are intricate pieces of machinery. And it is not uncommon for technicians, especially those who are inexperienced to misdiagnose the problem. This will cause you to waste money on unnecessary repairs.
So, before you commit to an HVAC contractor, it is important that you do your research first. Make sure that the contractor you are dealing with is experienced in A/C repair Arlington, TX.
In some cases, the problem with your A/C system may not be due to poor repair quality. It could be that the parts used are defective. It is important to buy from a reputable supplier to avoid this problem.
Causes of Frequent A/C Breakdowns
Now that we know some reasons why your air conditioner may still malfunction after an A/C repair Arlington, TX, let’s take a look at the different factors that can cause your unit to stop frequently.
Setting the Thermostat too Low
It is tempting to crank up the A/C when it’s hot outside. But did you know that setting your thermostat too low can actually put a strain on your unit, causing it to break down?
The ideal temperature setting for your cooling system is around 78 degrees. So, if you want to save money on your energy bills and prolong the life of your air conditioner, resist the urge to set the temperature too low.
Forgetting to Change the Filter
A clogged filter will not only cause your unit to work harder but can also lead to expensive A/C repair Arlington, TX. To avoid this problem, don’t forget to change your filter every 1-3 months or as needed.
If your family is suffering from serious allergies or you want a filter that does a good job in trapping pet dander, smoke, and other pollutants, a HEPA filter may be a good option for you.
Not Scheduling Regular A/C Maintenance
Just like your car, your cooling system needs regular tune-ups to function properly. By scheduling A/C maintenance, you can avoid costly repairs and extend your unit’s longevity.
In most cases, A/C maintenance should be done once a year. But if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, it is best to have your unit inspected or serviced twice a year.
Doing the Repairs Yourself
It may be tempting to do the A/C repair Arlington, TX yourself to cut costs. But unless you are a trained technician, it is wise to leave the job to a dependable HVAC expert.
Not only will they be able to properly diagnose the problem but they can also fix it quickly and efficiently. In addition, they have the necessary tools and equipment to do the job right.
Closing the Registers
It’s a common practice for some homeowners to close the registers in rooms that are not being used to save energy. But did you know that this can actually damage your unit?
When you close the registers, the air pressure inside your ductwork increases. This can cause the ducts to collapse, which will result in emergency A/C repair Arlington, TX eventually.
What You Can Do To Avoid Having Your Air Conditioner Repaired
Aside from following the tips above, there are also other things you can do to avoid having to call the pros for A/C repair Arlington, TX often:
- Install a Programmable Thermostat. Do you need to go downstairs or upstairs to adjust the temperature? That’s a lot of effort, right? With a programmable thermostat, you can easily adjust the temperature even if you’re not at home.
Not only will this save you time and effort, but it can also help you acquire significant savings on your energy bills.
- Keep Your Unit Clean. When your A/C system needs to be tuned-up, there are beginner-friendly maintenance tasks that you can do without the help of a professional.
One of these is cleaning the unit. Regularly check your cooling system for dirt, dust, and debris. If you see any build-up, make sure to clean it immediately.
- Check the Filter. A quality filter is designed to last for 1-3 months. But if you live in an area with high pollen count or you have pets, you may need to change it more often.
- Pay Attention to Your Vents. Check the vents and make sure they are not blocked by furniture or other objects. Blocked vents can restrict the flow of air, which can lead to a decrease in efficiency and an increase in your energy bills.
You should also clean the vents on a regular basis to prevent dust and debris from building up.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance. Have your unit serviced by a professional at least once a year. This will help ensure that it is 100% efficient and functional when the weather gets hot.
Why Should You Always Leave the Job to the Qualified Technician?
When the time comes that your unit needs A/C repair Arlington, TX, do not attempt to fix it yourself or hire someone who is not qualified to do the job. Always entrust a project like this to a certified technician for the following reasons:
- They Can Quickly Diagnose the Problem. A reliable HVAC contractor has the training and experience to quickly identify the problem. Whether your A/C system is low on refrigerant or the condensate drain pipe is clogged, they will know what to do.
- They Can Repair All Types of Units. From central air conditioners to ductless mini-splits, a dependable technician knows how to deal with cooling systems of all types, sizes, makes, or models.
- Every A/C Repair Arlington, TX Comes with a Warranty. Most contractors offer a warranty on their workmanship. So, if something goes wrong with the service, your technician will come back and fix it for free. Plus, you do not have to pay for the parts or labor.
- A Wide Range of Services. In addition to repair, they can also do maintenance, installation, and replacement. Whether you need a brand new air conditioner installed or your current one repaired, they can do the job for you.
- They Use High-Quality Parts and Equipment. To ensure that your air conditioner is repaired properly, your contractor will only use high-quality parts and state-of-the-art equipment. Your 100% satisfaction is always their top priority.
- They Always Follow Safety Procedures. Before starting the job, they will assess the risks involved. They will also take the necessary precautions to avoid any accidents or injuries. Your safety is indeed their number one concern.
Stay Comfy During Summer with a 100% Working Air Conditioner!
Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating is always ready to provide you with the best A/C repair Arlington, TX services. We have a team of trained and experienced technicians who can quickly assess and bring your air conditioner back to its peak condition. Rest assured that problems like leaks, clogs, and bad odors will be fixed without delays. We also do maintenance and installation, making us your one-stop shop for all your cooling needs.
For more details, please feel free to give us a call today at 972-446-2665!