The Do’s of HVAC Maintenance
- Do schedule a routine inspection and maintenance service annually for your HVAC system. Doing so will keep your unit in tip-top shape and your utility bills low.
- Do partner only with a certified and qualified HVAC contractor in Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex who can perform even the most rigorous jobs and give the desired result for your comfort equipment.
- Do seek expert opinion and ask for recommendations. If you are positive that something is wrong with your unit, contact your trusted contractor immediately.
- Do change your air filter regularly. Doing it at least once a month is ideal for keeping your indoor air clean and your unit performing in peak efficiency.
- Do check your outdoor unit from time to time. Clean it and keep the surroundings clear from any debris, vegetation, and other elements that could cause a possible blockage.
- Do set your thermostat at the most comfortable temperature level and make sure it causes no strain to your unit.
The Don’ts of HVAC Maintenance
- Don’t take on maintenance tasks that are beyond your skills, or you’ll worsen the problem and make the repairs even more costly.
- Don’t think that HVAC maintenance is just another expense. When you ignore your unit, you’re also disregarding your comfort and savings for the next few years.
- Don’t assume that all maintenance jobs are the same. Talk to your HVAC company and ask them to customize a plan that suits your budget and needs.
- Don’t ignore HVAC maintenance service when you notice a sudden spike in your bills, strange noises and odor, and poor performance from your unit.
- Don’t skip register and vent cleaning. These parts can be coated with dust easily and cause IAQ issues in your home, so cleaning them regularly is advised.