Reduce the Risk of Carbon Monoxide in Your Home

Each year, more than 70,000 calls pertaining to carbon monoxide are made to fire departments around America making it the leading cause of accidental poisoning. Since those calls are often life and death, it is important to take a closer look at what carbon monoxide is. Carbon Monoxide, or CO, is a colorless, odorless gas by-product of burnt fuel. It’s usually linked to wood stoves, car engines and other fire combustion sources along with gas or oil furnaces.

Because symptoms such as nausea and fatigue which are often present with the flu or a virus, it is often overlooked. Poisoning can be quick occurring within a short window of time or it can be over several years.

There are three steps you can take to reduce the risk of CO in your home.

1. Make sure you have a CO detector installed in your home.
2. Check your CO detector every 30-90 days and replace your old detector every 3-5 years.
3. If you suspect your symptoms are from CO, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide and rule out carbon monoxide poisoning.

Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating invites you to call us for all of your HVAC needs. Reach us today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or by logging on to spencerairconditioning.com to find out how we can serve you. Our longevity speaks for our quality; we’ve been in business since 1960.