Temperatures in the metroplex are finally cooling to a nice, comfortable temperature. Along with the lower temperatures comes ragweed…the most common allergen that peaks in the fall in North Texans. The results are itchy, watery eyes, runny noses, and headaches. Doctors are saying this ragweed season has started much earlier than usual with higher counts than usual. See our list of helpful tips to find out how you can reduce your misery during ragweed season.
1. Keep your windows to your home and car closed.
2. Keep your home dusted regularly. Wear a mask if you are allergic to dust.
3. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter.
4. Change clothes and shower immediately when you come inside if you have been in your yard.
5. Wear sunglasses when outdoors to limit the eye’s exposure to allergens.
6. Change your air filter regularly to help attract allergens and will give you a higher quality of air.
7. Use an air purifier to reduce contaminants inside the home.
Maintaining your AC system is just one of the ways you can help keep your allergies under control. Your friends at Spencer Heating and Air Conditioning are here to answer all of your questions. Give us a call today at (972) 446-COOL (2665) or find out more at spencerairconditioning.com.