The changing weather conditions can affect your HVAC system. Luckily, there are tell-tale signs that will warn you ahead of time if your heater or A/C needs servicing.
In case your HVAC equipment failed, you need a reliable technician to handle the problem and get your system back to operation. But, when exactly do you have to schedule an HVAC service? Read on to learn!
When Do You Need to Call for HVAC Service?
Certainly, you’ll know it when your system needs a break, some adjustments, or minor fixes. With evident signs, you can tell whether a repair or maintenance service is required.
But sometimes, you need more than just cleaning or maintenance. Some parts may already need to be replaced.
Here are some of the signs that say it’s time to call the pros for HVAC service:
- Strange Smells: Your HVAC is supposed to improve the indoor air quality of your home. Getting strange smells from your heater or the A/C does not improve the quality of the air you breathe indoors. If your heater or air conditioner is giving off strange or foul smells, it can be a sign of mold and mildew growing in the ducts or some other part of your system.
- Strange Sounds: Air conditioners are designed to operate quietly. Heater systems on the other hand, have insulation and other linings to increase sound attenuation. In other words, your HVAC shouldn’t make any clanking, cracking, grinding, or other sounds at all. If you hear these sounds when you turn your unit on, then something must have come loose, or a moving part is now broken and will need repair or replacement.
- Reduced Warm and Cool Air: The reduction in the cooling or heating efficiency of your HVAC sometimes happens gradually. One of the ways that you will notice this is that you feel that your home is not as comfortable as it used to be. Summers are just too hot and winters are colder than usual. Sometimes you will notice that there are cold spots or hot spots in your home. You need to call a technician to check your HVAC’s thermostat, or it could be a sign of something more serious.
- Power Loss: This is a strong indication that your unit really needs repair. Power loss refers to the sudden or abrupt shutting down of your A/C or heater. It’s either that or your system trips the breakers every time you turn on the air conditioner or heater. Call immediately or else the other appliances in your home can be affected as well.
A reliable HVAC contractor not only installs and repairs cooling and heating systems, they also provide you with maintenance services. Having a routine maintenance schedule is important. Here’s why:
- It saves you a good deal of money – regular maintenance of the A/C and heater prevents costly breakdowns, keeps your equipment protected while still under warranty, it extends the lifespan of your heating and cooling equipment, and it helps to reduce your energy bills.
- It helps improve air quality in the home – efficiently running HVAC systems keep the air you breathe clean and healthy.
- Increases comfort – clean air improves the level of comfort in your home.
- It keeps your home safe – regular maintenance prevents damage to your equipment, wiring, and it reduces fire and electrical hazards.
Work With The Experts For Your HVAC Needs!
If you need HVAC service in Irving, TX, you should only trust the experts from Spencer Air Conditioning & Heating. We’re always ready to handle your comfort requirements at any time of the day.
Call us at 972-446-2665 to schedule an appointment.