Temperatures have finally dropped below 90 degrees and fall weather is so close we can feel it. It’s time to get your Pumpkin latte, boots, and scarves out even if the changing leaves have not officially reached North Texas yet. It’s also time to get your home’s heating and cooling system in shape for fall before the wintry weather hits. Here are five best tips for fall.
- Schedule a routine checkup. We don’t have to worry about snow any time soon, but we never know when the first cold snap will hit us. Make sure your unit is ready to go.
- Run a check of your heating system before you actually need it.
- Check for leaks around doors and windows. Are the leaks costing you extra money and keeping your home from warming properly?
- Install storm doors and windows. This will improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
- Examine your bills from last winter and determine if you need to make cost-saving improvements now such as extra insulation or updating your system.
After you have inspected your system, break out fall comfort food, find your coziest blanket, and get ready for some football. We’ll be here when your family needs us at (972) 446-COOL (2665) or find us online at www.spencerairconditioning.com. Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating has been serving your neighbors since 1960 and we are here to meet all of your HVAC needs.