If purchasing a new a/c unit seems out of your budget right now, there are five factors you should consider before writing another check for repairs.
1. How old is the model? If your model is over 10 years old, you might consider replacing your unit. Older units are not as efficient as newer models. Replacing an old air conditioner will save you money by lowering your monthly energy bills.
2. How much does the repair cost? Have a licensed technician examine your air conditioner and give you an estimate so you can make an informed decision. As a general rule, if fixing the equipment is more than 30 to 40 % of the value of the cooling system, consider replacing it.
3. Are service calls happening more frequently? If air conditioner repairs have become a regular bill in your monthly budget, it might be time to consider an upgrade.
4. What are your energy costs? If your cooling costs are substantially higher than the costs during other months, your system may not be working efficiently. Repairing your system may fix a problem but not reduce your bills and efficiency.
5. Is temperature consistent throughout your home? If you have one room in the house that is very warm or very cool, it can be a sign that the system is struggling and it might be time to replace.
At Spencer Heating and Air Conditioning, you will never feel high-pressure sales or hear gimmick quick-savings lines. We have been here serving our neighbors since 1960. Our longevity speaks for our quality.
Spencer Air Conditioning and Heating invites you to call us for all of your HVAC needs. Reach us today at (972) 446- COOL (2665) or by logging on to spencerairconditioning.com to find out how we can serve you.