Not only does winter bring extremely cold temperature, but it also leaves some questions to the minds of many homeowners. Do I really need a home energy test? What it does and why is it so important? While this may seem like a lot of information, our professionals at Spencer Air Conditioning & Heating got all the facts for you here… so keep reading!
What Is A Home Energy Test?
A home energy test is a process of assessing your home’s current energy use. This is done by energy specialists, who look into your energy usage and install energy-saving products. These professionals can even offer a customized list of recommendations and help devise tasks to make your home more efficient throughout the winter.
Why Should I Get a Home Energy Test?
A home energy test offers you a personalized and detailed plan to make your home more efficient and help you look for the best rebates using new and high-efficient household appliances. It helps you acquire an in-depth understanding of how you can save energy. Getting a home energy test this cold season does not only help you visualize your energy consumption but also gives you the idea of how you can prepare your home for the next season.
What Should I Expect in a Home Energy Test?
The energy specialist will do the following tasks:
- Inspect your home from your attic down to your basement.
- Install no-cost energy saving products such as programmable thermostats, LED bulb lights, faucet aerators, advanced power strips, and low-flow showerheads.
- Check your home insulation.
- Complete a combustion safety test on your gas equipment at home.
- Provide you with a report of the test with a list of customized recommendations, savings estimates, estimated costs of equipment installation, and the next steps to achieve better energy savings.
The assessment is done if all decision-makers of your home are present to ensure that your energy specialists are aware of your home’s nuances and help you make informed decisions. Depending on the layout and size of your home, the tests are done in 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
How Do I Get Started?
Talk to your HVAC company to find the best energy specialist in the city. If you have been getting services from our team at Spencer Air Conditioning & Heating, we can recommend you to our expert energy auditors. As a participating member of Advanced Home Comfort and Energy Test, Home Performance With Energy Star®, and Comfort Institute, we ensure expert energy test for your property. Set your home energy test appointment with us today!